Last weekend, we decided to repeat a tradition we started this past year: a pre-Halloween pumpkin carving party for friends and their kiddos.
We already had some great recipes from last year including salmon sandwich ghosts and chocolate-dipped pretzel rods that we chose to repeat this year. But I also expanded this year’s spread to include candy corn brownies, a “puking pumpkin” filled with guacamole, bruschetta with spooky mozzarella cutous, and mummies in a blanket.
None of these recipes are really mindblowing, so I won’t go into the specifics, except for one: pumpkin spice jelly shots!
- 1 cup + 1 tsp boiling water
- 1 cup chilled Captain Morgan rum
- 2 oz Fireball
- 1 envelope orange-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Bring your water to a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from heat, add gelatin packet and pumpkin pie spice, until all the gelatin has been dissolved.
- Add in cold chilled alcohol and stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into your individual cups or mold and put in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is easier).