If you’re like just about every other living, breathing American this weekend, you’ve probably been invited to a 4th of July barbecue, picnic, or potluck.
Which means, of course, that you’re probably now scrambling to come up with what to bring. Well, fear not, patriots, and let me introduce you to a super-cute and easy to make 4th of July treat that’ll garner you plenty of compliments.
- 2 packages refrigerated cookie dough
- 1 cannister cream cheese frosting
- 1 tube of red and blue sprinkles
- Make the cookies according to their package instructions.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes, until they’re no longer warm to the touch.
- Spread frosting between two cookies, and push down slightly so that it starts to squeeze out the sides.
- Roll the edges in sprinkles.
Yep, that’s it, then you’re done. The whole process – from preheating your oven to cleaning up stray sprinkles – will take you less than an hour.
Recipe yields 24 cookie sandwiches, which will promptly be devoured by any nearby children or husbands. You’re welcome.
Edited to Add: Need another super quick option? Most people have seen a fruit-flag, by this point, but just a quick tip that you can make it even faster by using a store-bought sheet cake or brownies. (Otherwise, allow at least 12 hours for your homemade cake to cool before icing it – ours is strawberry sheet cake with cream cheese icing.)