Ready for another 400-calories-or-less, tasty, filling dinner? Dinner #5 in our 15 Healthy Dinners series is ground pork lettuce wraps and the husband actually occasionally requests this meal on his own accord!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 head butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cub hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 green onion, diced (including tips)
- 1 small can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add oil to saute pan, over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the ground pork, and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add sauces, water chestnuts, spices, and carrots. Stir in and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes until pork is fully cooked.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat. Add green onions and peanuts. Spoon into lettuce cups, and serve.
This one’s processed-carb free as well as low calorie. You can replace the meat for any other meat (or even tofu) and you can add or subtract veggies to your taste (we don’t like bell peppers, but a lot of people probably would in this recipe…)